On January 6, 2020, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) amended its rule that would establish requirements for commercial driver’s license employers and individuals with regards to the drug and alcohol clearing house.
The FMCSA Clearinghouse is a secure online database that will allow employers, the FMCSA, State Driver Licensing Agencies, State Law Enforcement and individual CDL operators to access real time important information about a CDL Driver’s drug and alcohol program violations and the ultimate goal of this database is to enhance safety on our Nation’s public roadways.
For specific requirements, click the appropriate agency listed below in which you or your company is regulated by.
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) (14 CFR Part 120)
- United States Coast Guard (USCG) (46 CFR Parts 4,5 and 16)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) (49 CFR Part 382)
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) (49 CFR Part 199)
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA) (49 CFR Part 655)
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) (49 CFR Part 219)